How To Clean Diamond Earrings
Diamonds are forever. But just because they last forever doesn't mean they'll stay clean forever... If you're the proud owner of a pair of diamond earrings, one day, you might find yourself staring in the mirror at, well, rocks that just don't sparkle the way they used to. If you're wondering how to get your diamond earrings to shine the way they used to, it might just be time to clean them up a bit.
We encourage clients to come in often for a complimentary cleaning using our ultrasonic industry-approved cleaner and steamer. However, if you are unable to make it into our Westchester, NY or New York City (Diamond District) locations, here are some tips on how to clean your diamonds. *Please note that these instructions are for diamonds. We do not recommend this process for opals or all other types of gems.
What You Will Need to Clean Diamond Earrings at Home
- Warm water
- An ammonia-free dish soap that does not contain harsh chemicals (we recommend Palmolive)
- A soft clean cloth or paper towel
- A small bowl or tupperware
- A soft-bristled toothbrush
How To Do It
The process to get your diamonds sparkling again is a simple, straightforward one. To clean your diamond earrings using this easy method, simply follow the following steps:
- MAKE SURE TO PLUG YOUR DRAIN to avoid any jewelry slipping through. Trust us, it happens all the time!
- In the bowl, mix together a few drops of dish soap in warm water.
- Leave your earrings to soak in the mixture between 10-30 minutes, depending on how long it has been since your last cleaning.
- Remove your earrings from the mixture and carefully scrub your earrings with a toothbrush.
- Rinse your earrings off in clean water while the drain is plugged.
- Lay your earrings on a fresh clean cloth to carefully dry them off.
- Try to limit the amount of touching by putting your fingertips on the freshly cleaned diamonds, as this will make them dirty again.
- Finally, admire how beautiful your diamonds are when they sparkle. They will look brand new!
Contact Us Today
Now that you know how to make your diamond earrings shine like they're brand new again, it might be time to treat yourself to another piece of jewelry, which you now know how to clean at home! Alternatively, come in for a cleaning in-store! Contact us today and we'll help you take home your next favorite piece of jewelry. You deserve the very best, after all.
Leave a comment